1. What information do we collect and hold
The personal information we collect depends on what you give us and may include (but is not limited to) your name, telephone number, address, occupation, employer, email address, social media information, interests, education, finances, online behaviour, the contact details of third parties, other information requested by us, and sensitive information.
The sensitive information we collect depends on what you give us and may include (but is not limited to) health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, memberships, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation and practices, criminal record.
2. How we collect and hold such information
We may collect and hold personal information directly from you when:
- you submit one of our application forms;
- you contact us;
- you access and use our websites;
- you are a customer or client;
- you provide us with goods and services;
- you visit any of our premises;
- you apply for a position with us;
- you participate in the recording of or appear in content we produce.
We may also receive your personal information from a third party including, for example, a recruiter, an agent, your commercial partners, or if you have opted-in to having your personal information disclosed to us.
Screentime does not collect information on any person known to Screentime to be under sixteen (16) years of age without the involvement and consent of that person’s parent or guardian.
You may deal with us anonymously or under pseudonym except as required by law or an order of a court or tribunal, or if it is impractical for us to deal with you on that basis.
You may refuse to provide us with personal information, but this may mean we cannot deal with you in that particular instance including, for example, if you refuse to provide such information on an application form to appear in one of our programs.
Screentime will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to:
- keep your personal information that we hold accurate, up to date, complete and relevant; and
- protect your personal information that we hold from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, which we will do so ourselves or through selected service providers such as data storage companies.
3. The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose information
Screentime collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information only as reasonably necessary for one or more of our business functions or activities including (but not limited to):
- for the purpose for which it was collected or a secondary purpose in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles;
- to produce, exploit, sell and license television, online and other content for communication to the public in all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity;
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone and social media;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any applicable terms with Screentime;
- to obtain advice on and develop our business functions and activities;
- to share information about our content with Screentime’s related companies, promotional partners, television networks, online and other content providers, and Screentime’s service providers in Australia and overseas;
- as required or authorised by law or by an order of a court or tribunal;
- if a permitted general or health situation exists in relation to the collection of the sensitive information;
- we reasonably believe the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities conducted for or on behalf of an enforcement body; and
- any other lawful purpose such as, for example, in the defence of Screentime or a related body corporate.
4. How you may access and seek correction of your information held by Screentime
You may access and seek correction of your personal information held by Screentime by contacting us. Our contact information is set out below. We will process your request within a reasonable time after it is made to us.
We may refuse to give you access or to correct personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. If we refuse, we will give you a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so), the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal, and any other matters prescribed by regulations.
We reserve the right to charge you reasonable materials, handling and delivery fees for each request, but we will not charge you to make a request.
5. How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
If you have a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us in writing with full details of your complaint. Our contact details are set out below.
6. Disclosure of personal information overseas
Screentime may disclose your personal information and sensitive information to overseas recipients in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles, including (but not limited to) recipients in France, the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
7. Contact Information
You may contact us about privacy through our email address: email@example.com.